Saturday, April 11, 2015

My American Girl News!

Good afternoon everyone!

How are you all doing today?

I have heard some news about American Girl's My American  Girl dolls. 

First, I want to tell you that I heard that AG is changing My American Girl to Truly Me next month. I think this is definitely official because on American Girl Publishing, I found pictures of 3 new books(probably coming next month) and revised activity kits(Doll School, Doll Dining, Doll Hair Salon, Doll Tees Felt Fashion, and Doll Travel) and they all say on them 'Truly Me'. The pictures are below for you to see and the links attached to the pictures so you can see the post about each one. (The first picture is a link to the page all about Truly Me)















Hopefully they will be changing the meet outfits for them too. I don't really care for the MAG meet outfit. Also, I think they will be getting rid of the charm necklace and charms. They have the charm necklace on sale and the MAG outfits don't come with charms anymore.


Here is the second part. I have also heard the AG is going to retire 3 of the MAG's. I am not sure if this is true. I am not all that upset that they might be retiring these specific ones. Here they are:

Here is one of the MAG's I heard AG will be retiring. I never really liked this doll so it is okay with me. 


I also heard they are retiring this one. I like this MAG. She is cute. She was never really on my 'wanted' list.

Here is the third one I heard might be retiring. She is pretty but we have enough blonde-haired dolls I think and just like the one above, she wasn't ever on my 'wanted' list.

That is what I have heard. I am pretty sure that Truly Me is true but I am not exactly sure if they are retiring these dolls. If they are, they are not announcing it(or they aren't right now).

What do you think of Truly Me? Do you like the name better than My American Girl? Do you think they might change their meet outfit? Do you think AG is going to retire these dolls? 


(P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway)

13 comments:

  1. It's sad that AG retired three MAG dolls. I hope they don't retire MAG #22. I'm thinking about getting her. :)
    <3Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella, I am not sure if it is official that they are retiring those dolls. Which one is #22? I don't know how to tell which doll is which number. Hopefully you will be able to get her and they won't retire her!

      <3Hope

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is interesting to read! I wonder if they will retire those MYAGs? Maybe they will release some new ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice if they brought out some new ones.

      <3Hope

      Delete
  3. Wow, I knew American Girl was changing MAG but I never knew is was
    going to now call it truly me. Will there be new outfits for MAG?
    It is also sad they are getting rid of charms, and dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if there will be new outfits. I am guessing so though. :)

      <3Hope

      Delete
  4. I hope they change the meet outfit. They probably will. Jaclynn says those dolls are retired. :( I've also heard rumors about retiring Caroline. :( :(


    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the rumor about retiring Caroline too. I am not sure if it is true though. She hasn't been out all that long. Then of course, Cecile and Marie-Grace were only out for 2 years and they retired quickly. I also hope they change the meet outfit because I honestly don't like it either.

      <3Hope

      Delete
    2. It's official Caroline is retiring 😢😓😭

      Delete
  5. I hope and think that AG changes the meet outfits more than anything. I don't like their current meet outfits. I don't like the My American Girl name, and I probably won't like the Truly Me name. If they want to change it, I don't care. :P I call the line Just Like You, anyway. ;)

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here CutePolarBear! I am okay with the name but I agree with you on the outfit. I sometimes still call MAG Just Like You because that is when I got my MAG doll, when she was a JLY. :)

      <3Hope

      Delete
  6. I really hope they change the Meet Outfit... thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do too! Your welcome Hannah!

      <3Hope

      Delete