Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cleaning your Doll!



Hey guys! So I have been working on my doll and have taken her apart and unstuffed her. I washed her limbs, arms and head. I found a few marker/ink spots on her neck. The one was a dark purple mark and the other two were light ones. So I did some research on what can clean marker/ink off your doll. One thing I found said to use alcohol. I tried alcohol and it did not work. This video I found said to use Oxy with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide in it. So I decided to give it a try. What I did was I rubbed some oxy on the spots and wrapped saran wrap around it. I placed her outside in the sun. I put a towel on the top of her head so the sun doesn’t mess it up. Let her sit until the sun starts to go down. Then I brought her up, took off the saran wrap and used a damp washcloth and wiped the Oxy off. I was shocked at what it did. The marks weren’t completely off but they were lighter. I did it 2 more times and the 2 lighter marks were gone and the darkest mark was so light, you could barely tell it was there! If your doll has marks then I definitely recommend this.


1 comment:

  1. I know I'm late commenting on this, but wow, you're really brave! I could never take off my doll's head. I'm glad the Oxy worked on your doll!

    ReplyDelete